Forget the tedious process of traditional jam making. This recipe requires no cooking, water bath, or all day process. In fact, if you have three minutes and three ingredients, you can whip up this delicious jam in no time!
Allow me to introduce Raspberry Chia Seed Jam.
And here is why you should make a batch right away:
- Delicious. I
atecould eat a whole jar in one sitting. On toast, or crackers with a dab of cream cheese, or slathered on fresh baked bread. Or alone, straight out of the jar. Hypothetically speaking, of course.
- Easy to Make. Three ingredients. No cooking. You can’t get easier than that.
- Nutritious. Chia seeds are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids, antioxidants, fiber, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, copper, iron, niacin, and zinc. They’re a nutritional powerhouse! And this recipe has no refined sugar. What other jam can say that?
- Family Loves it. My youngest son couldn’t get enough and told me we should make our own jam from now on. I love it when my evil plans come together so effortlessly.
- Gift Worthy. Make a large batch with your kids – it’s so easy, they can make it while you
read a magazinelook on in admiration. It’s a perfect gift for neighbors, teachers, or coworkers. Tie some twine or ribbon around the jar and add a sleeve of crackers – waa lah!
- Makes You Feel Like a Culinary Badass. Jam making was always a mystery to me. Now that I can make my own, I’m one step closer to living off the grid. Self sufficiency is sexy!
I found this recipe at Eat Good 4 Life. She used frozen raspberries; I used fresh. And lezz be honest (best Pitch Perfect movie quote), any berry will make an amazing jam! Or maybe a mixed berry jam… the possibilities are endless!
- 12 oz. fresh or frozen raspberries (if using frozen, thaw and drain first)
- 2-4 Tbsp. maple syrup (I used 2 Tbsp.)
- 3 Tbsp. chia seeds
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, mashing the fruit as much or as little as you like.
- Refrigerate at least 6 hours.
- Store in a glass jar in refrigerator. Keeps for 2-3 weeks.
I link up at these fun link parties!